Travel Insurance FAQs

Q: How do I choose the right type of travel insurance?

It depends on where you plan to travel, the overall cost of your trip, as well as the extent of cover you desire. If you're planning a luxury trip overseas, consider the Comprehensive policy. If you are travelling abroad on a more modest budget, consider the Essentials policy. Our basic policy is designed with domestic travellers in mind. If you need help deciding on the type of cover you need, call 1300 135 769.

See our range of travel insurance plans.

Q: When does my policy start?

Your trip cancellation benefits start when your policy is issued. All other benefits, such as emergency medical and dental coverage, begin on the date of your departure (as listed on your policy).

Q: What if I change my mind?

If you decide you do not want your travel insurance policy, you have a 14 day cooling off period during which you may return it. As long as you have not already travelled or made a claim on the policy, you will receive a full refund — no questions asked! Need to modify or cancel your policy? Call 1300 135 769 or email us.

Q: I am going overseas for a year; can I get cover for this trip?

Depending on your age, we may provide travel insurance for travel of up to 365 days for a single trip.

Q: On my next trip, does my policy include motorcycle cover?

Riding a motorbike is extremely fun and a great way to explore new country. Countries like Thailand, Indonesia and Fiji are not countries to simply hop on a scooter and learn to ride.

Many of our policies provide motorcycle and scooter cover. There are strict guidelines and limits to the cover, so please check the PDS to ensure you are protected.

  • Whilst in control of a motorcycle or moped you must hold a valid Australian motorcycle licence or Australian motor vehicle driver licence, and a licence valid in the relevant country;
  • Whilst you are a pillion passenger the driver must hold a licence valid in the relevant country;
  • The engine capacity is 250cc or less;
  • You are not participating in a Professional capacity; and
  • You are not racing.

For further info we recommend reading the following:

Additional Helpful advice can also be found at

Q: I plan on skiing on my upcoming trip. Am I protected for this activity?

The current Essentials, Comprehensive and Annual Multi Trip products include snow cover however, you will only be covered if:

See our range of travel insurance plans.

  • You are skiing or snowboarding On-Piste;
  • You are not racing; and
  • You are not participating in a Professional capacity.

Q: What is my rental car excess cover include?

If the Rental Car is damaged or stolen whilst in your control during the Journey the policy provides cover for the lower of the Rental Car insurance excess or the repair costs to the Rental Car that You become liable to pay. The maximum benefit limit for this section is: International Comprehensive Plan $3,000 International Essentials Plan $3,000 Domestic Plan $3,000. Other conditions and exclusions apply however so please check your PDS for additional details and limits.

Q: When will my Velocity points be added to my account?

Velocity points will be added within 2 days of departure date. If your booking was made during a campaign offering bonus points these can take up to 4 weeks to be added to your account. Please note tiering bonuses will only be awarded to members who purchase their insurance through or in conjunction with a flight through at the time of booking.

Q: If my travel plans change, how do I change my policy?

For changes to any personal details or travel dates after a booking has been made please contract Customer Service on 1300 135 769

Q: How do I lodge a claim?

Complete an online claim

Visit and follow the prompts; or

Fill in a claim form

Download, print and complete a claim form from here.

Add receipts and other supporting documents

Follow the checklist for the supporting documents you need to send with Your completed claim.

Submit the claim online or post it

Upload your scanned documents and submit the claim online; or Post the completed claim form and original supporting documents to:

Cover-More Travel Insurance Claims Department
Mail: Private Bag 913 North Sydney NSW 2059 Australia

We need original documents, so please hold on to your documents as we may request them. If you are posting them, keep a copy. For further assistance: Call: 1300 135 769 or +61 (0) 2 8907 5038.

You must advise Us of any claim or occurrence which may give rise to a claim as soon as possible and within 60 days of the return date shown on Your Certificate of Insurance by sending a completed claim form. If you are about to submit a claim and have exceeded the 60 day time frame, please attach a covering letter with your Online Claim submission explaining why you were unable to submit your claim within this period.

Q: Can my pre-existing medical conditions be covered by travel insurance?

If you have an Existing Medical Condition you may purchase a policy however, there is no cover under these policies for any claim arising from or exacerbated by you or your travelling companion's Existing Medical Condition. For further information of what is considered an Existing Medical Condition please refer to the PDS or call 1300 135 769.